And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of the three is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13
Our Congratulations

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. We are here to help you plan your wedding day.

Christians believe that marriage is a gift from God. In Christian marriage you are both called to live faithfully together and to love each other as long as you both shall live.

We hope that the information below is of help to you as you come to this important stage of planning your special day.

Who can be married at New Parish Church –

The short answer is anyone. Our church is a welcoming and inclusive church, and our Minister William is now an approved celebrant for marrying same sex couples thanks to a new ruling by the Church of Scotland in 2022.

If you love one another and want to spend your life together, we are more than happy to discuss wedding arrangements with you.

The longer answer is that anyone who lives within our parish may be married in our church, by our minister. If you are resident beyond our parish boundary but have a connection with the church, the minister may also agree to conduct your wedding.

Every square inch of Scotland is served by a parish church, and it may be appropriate for you to ask the minister of your own parish first. Even people from out with Scotland could have their wedding service within our church. If you are unsure or would like to check about whether you could be married in our church, please contact our minister, William Boyle

How do I register my marriage?

You must contact your local registrar and give a minimum of 29 days’ notice.

In all honesty we would suggest aiming for well before this as the registrar can become very busy indeed.

The marriage schedule is hugely important as without this legal document the wedding cannot go ahead.

You should direct any legal queries to the Registrar’s Office of Inverclyde Council.

You can contact our local registration office by calling 01475 714250 or e-mailing [email protected]

If your wedding is to take place out with the Inverclyde area, then you need to contact the registrar most local to the hotel or venue in which you will be married